[Samba] Easy security administration?

Aton aton at skyenet.net
Sun Jun 23 20:52:02 GMT 2002

Hello.

I've got several clients using samba (ranging from 2.2.1a to 2.2.5) as
their primary windows server. The question has come up with clients about
ease of administration and security rights for samba. Currently, the only
way I've been able to show clients how to manipulate security settings and
restrict users from certian shares is to use write and read lists per
share, or create directories with certain group access rights and have each
user that needs access be given rigths by doing a usermod and adding the
group.

Is there a simpler method to do this, that is possibly web orientented? I
know SWAT can modify the user and group rights to shares, but what I really
need is some web interface to manage users and groups on a Linux box. With
Red Hat Linux 7.3, Linuxconf is no longer shipped, so its not possible to
use its web interface anymore to configure users.

Thanks for any help,
Aton