[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 printing problems

Glen Gibb grg at ridley.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jun 23 18:24:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting SPOOLSS support working correctly. (Samba
2.2.5 on FreeBSD 4.5.)

Often when viewing settings on the shared printers,
I get a wonderful 'illegal operation' error in either explorer.exe or
spoolsvs.exe (many things seem to trigger this error - especially
attempting to select additional drivers).

Secondly, when things don't crash, I am able to configure settings on a
printer (such as settings additional paper trays, duplexing etc), and
those settings are remembererd. However, when I go to print from an
application, the settings are not used (no additional paper trays or the
duplexing unit are available).

The old printing method was working fine under previous versions of Samba.
I have followed the instructions in the how to (don't think I've missed
any thing out).

If people want to see my smb.conf, let me know and I'll post it.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Glen Gibb
Ridley College