[Samba] Why does the Win2K print monitor say Paused when prin ting?

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Sun Jun 23 09:09:02 GMT 2002

If you're using LPRng, add :done_jobs=0
to either the .common section or
each printer's entry.  This will remove
the (retained) last job printed, and you won't
see it displayed as Paused anymore.

It seems that if Samba sees a job in the
lpd queue dir that has been printed, but not
removed, it shows that job with a status of
Paused.

LPRng after 3.8.10 defaults to :done_jobs=1,
and Win2k always shows the last job printed
as Paused after it's done.

Jim