[Samba] Print Job Notification

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Jun 22 14:03:32 GMT 2002

I don't do these things but:

Look into preexec and postexec commands in smb.conf.  Look into your
print filter. If it is a simple script, you could just add your smbclient
command there, if the Gods of Permissions are smiling.

Now, how to tell if the job is successfully printed might take some more
effort. You may have to dig into your printing software a bit to find out
how to do that. Maybe you could capture an exit code from the command in
your print filter that actually sends the file to standard out in your
filter. I haven't tried this, but it might work.
Or capture the results in your status log. This seems much more involved,
though.
Joel