[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 - Cannot copy The path is too deep

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sat Jun 22 12:49:02 GMT 2002

I recently installed Samba 2.2.5 from the FreeBSD ports.

It seems Samba works fine when browsing the Samba server from WinXP
client, etc.  I can copy files from the Samba server, and even create
small files and copy small files TO the Samba server.

The problem seems to be if I try to copy any file greater than 16Kbytes
or so to the Samba server.  When I do so, Windows XP complains with an
error:

Cannot copy <file>: The path is too deep.

The problem happens on any share, any user, and any file.  There are no
known network problems.  They are connected via 100Mbps switched
network.

Anyone know where to start looking on this?

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net

Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.