[Samba] roaming profiles

Philip Burrow phil.burrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 22 08:46:02 GMT 2002

> I have the same problem on XP. First desktop.ini files that must be taken
> care of with a "hide files" option in smb.conf, and now this :)
>
> When you go to the wallpaper/screensaver selection control panel, the
> correct one is highlighted too! It just won't set. Any clues?

Same problem here, probably not a Samba issue though. Try setting a .bmp
background instead. Does that work?

I only have this problem with .jpeg background images, but the correct one
is highlighted in control panel, and if I unselect it and reselect it, it
sets but will not load when I re-logon (but is set up correct in control
panel).

If I force an Active Desktop background, jpegs load fine but the user can't
change them. So it's likely to be a Windows problem, and if you find out a
solution I'd be grateful if you could forward it to me as well :)

Phil.