[Samba] ASCII 254 char in directory name

Adam Gapinski Adam.Gapinski at artikon.one.pl
Sat Jun 22 02:17:02 GMT 2002

I have some problem with some program which makes directory with
ASCII char (254). When this directory is on DOS partition is OK (dir
displays
ASCII 254 char: FON4{here_is_ascii_char}A), but when is created on samba
share I've observed that from fileserver that names contains ^Z char which
represents ASCII 254 symbol (FON4^ZA). From client station this dir is
looking as: FON4. In smb.conf:
    client code page = 852
    character set = ISO8859-2
Could anybody help me? Any suggestions which configuration parameters
controls "strange chars" in DOS filenames?

regards
Adam
Adam Gapiński   *****   Linux registered user #251489
adas (at) artikon (dot) one (dot) pl