[Samba] FINDNEXT problem, w2k and linux smbfs

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Jun 21 15:40:03 GMT 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Vlads wrote:

> Urban,
>  I made a tcpdump files for each request.
>  Look like windows do no return the missing file in any tcp packet....

Ok, that probably means that the request is incorrectly formatted.
Something you could do is to tcpdump what a windows client sends, and
compare.

>  Missing files are the first in set if I look at dump that produce
> correct result.
>  If two files are missing from list than they are in begining of
> diffrent sets.

Always the first file, or one of the first? The first file returned in a
find_next is specified in the request, so then it could be how we continue
from one request to the next.

If you want to understand the dumps better, take a look at them in the
latest version of ethereal and/or look at the unofficial specification:
http://www.snia.org/English/Collaterals/Work_Group_Docs/NAS/CIFS/CIFS_Technical_Reference.pdf

>  You could find the dumps on my website I've send to you.

Yes, thanks, I'll have a closer look at this tomorrow.

/Urban