[Samba] Samba and netbios --- HEEEEELLLP!!!

Dmitry Voronov dvoronov at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 21 09:57:02 GMT 2002

Well, now that I have the PDC up and running, I really need some help
setting up a very useful share. We have a separate file server which holds
the home directories for all users from the workgroup. To make the move to
the domain more transparant, it would be nice to make this their homes share
so it gets mapped to a nice drive in their My Computer (so much less
complaining in my future I see). I have successfully done this with Profiles
because I just changed the logon path = \\fileserver\profiles\%u and I
assumed in the [homes] share, if I set the path = \\fileserver\homes\%u, the
effect would be the same. It doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Dmitry