[Samba] Problem uploading printer drivers

Christopher Fernandes CFernandes at forrester.com
Fri Jun 21 09:48:07 GMT 2002

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with this printing problem.  Currently
running samba 2.2.5 on redhat 7.2.  I've set up a shared printer which can
be access through Samba and that part works fine.  Followed SAMBA
documentation on setting up a print$ share and placed printer drivers in
that share.  When I create the printer on Win2K Pro using the Add Printer
Wizard, it doesn't automatically upload driver files to my client.  Below
are the main points of my smb.conf file

[global]
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   printing = bsd
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s
   printcap file = /etc/printcap
   min print space = 2000
   printer admin = @ntadmin
        security = share                      ; so anyone can print without
having an account on samba

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba