[Samba] winpopup and Domain auth?

Bill Anderson anderson at hp.com
Fri Jun 21 09:08:03 GMT 2002

OK, yesterday I was asked abut moving an existing Python program from an
NT machine to a Unix machine. This involves sending a message to
winpopup. So, after some digging I found smbclient's -M option.

Well, it works fine when I send it to a machine that is not part of the
site domain. When I send it to a machine that is logged in to the
domain, I get "session request invalid".

Any help appreciated, I've already spent a couple of hours looking
through search results for the list and on google, to no avail.

Bill Anderson                anderson at hp.com
Hewlett Packard              396-6348
NSAS