[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and srv_spoolss_nt error

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Fri Jun 21 08:38:03 GMT 2002

Thank Microsoft....I have the same problem with Win2k;
if you load it as a network printer, it polls
the printer once when you bring up its Properties.
It never refreshes automatically after that-you
have to manually refresh it to update the status.
If you install it as a Local Printer, and
create a Local Port of \\server\printer, it
will update the status of the printer.

If there's a way to enable/force polling
on a Network Printer, I'd like to know.

There has been some discussion about the
backchannel comms and printing-are they
related to printer status?  Maybe if Win2k
and XP see the channel as broken, they
don't poll?  Forcing a poll by refreshing
manually overrides the no-poll situation...?

Jim