[Samba] Could see the share

Li, Jerry Jerry.Li at WorldChain.com
Thu Jun 20 17:32:02 GMT 2002

Hi, Samba world:

It is my first time to use samba to share a folder from a solaris 7 to our
windows 2000 clients. After I have the following, I could not see the unix
share point. Your help is highly appreciated!

1) Install samba 2.0.5.
2) done the following:

        Edit /etc/services and make the following changes.

        Immediately after the line which reads:

	sunrpc		111/tcp		rpcbind

        insert the two lines:

	netbios-ns      137/udp		# Samba nmbd

	netbios-ssn     139/tcp		# Samba smbd

        and, after the line which reads:

	ldaps		636/udp		# LDAP protocol over TLS/SSL (was
sldap)

        insert the line:

	swat 		901/tcp		# Samba swat

        Now edit /etc/inetd.conf and add the following three lines to the
end of the file:

	netbios-ssn	stream	tcp	nowait	root
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd smbd

	netbios-ns	dgram	udp	wait	root
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd nmbd

	swat		stream	tcp	nowait.400	root
/usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat

3)      pkill -HUP inetd

4)     launch http://localhost:901 <http://localhost:901>

5)     make the configuration as the following:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CHAIN-US
        netbios name = PVCSSHARE
        wins server = 10.4.34.20
        wins support = Yes
        hosts allow = All

[root]
        comment = Solaris root
        path = /
        guest ok = Yes

[share]
        comment = Solaris share for PVCS
        path = /opt/pvcs
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[SCCS]
        comment = PVCS database
        path = /opt/pvcs
        read only = No

6)     # pkill -HUP smbd

        # pkill -HUP nmbd

AFter all, I still could not see SCCS share from windows 2000

thanks,
Jerry

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them."  --- Albert Einstein

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.