[Samba] Recycle bin patch

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Jun 20 12:50:02 GMT 2002

We have been using the recycle bin patch from
http://www.amherst.edu/~bbstone/howto/samba.html
with Samba 2.2.3a.  We would like to upgrade to 2.2.5
and wondered if anyone had tried that patch with the
current version or if an updated version was available.

The VFS recycle bin module lacks key features.
1. The recycle bin has to be in the share,  where as we
use a global recycle bin1 "/usr/pcnet/trash/%U" but I
suppose we could solve that this a sym-link and ALOT
of recycle.conf files :(
2. The recycle bin module won't create directories.  The
patch mentioned above will create /usr/pcnet/trash/adam
if it doesn't exist, and dump the trash beneath it.

Maybe there is a way to get this functionality from the
recycle VFS module?