[Samba] possible security bug with SWAT logins

Rick Bowles rbowles at awiweb.com
Thu Jun 20 12:36:12 GMT 2002

I have stumbled across something that I am not sure if it is a bug or feature. I
have three AIX servers, one running samba 2.2.2 and two running samba 2.2.5.  My
browser from my desktop, Windows NT 4.0 SP6,  is Netscape 4.76. If I point my
browser to each server, one at a time,  and log into SWAT, once I have logged in
to each server, the first time, I can point my browser back to any of the three
servers and I am not prompted to log in again.  Is this correct operation, to
not get prompted for a login when I point Netscape back to a different server?
Rick Bowles

Example:
I have AIX servers A, B, and C