[Samba] (no subject)

bobbennett at attbi.com bobbennett at attbi.com
Thu Jun 20 11:08:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm new to the list, but searched archives and didn't
find an answer to my question so...

I have two Solaris servers, one with Samba  1.9.18p10
and the other with 2.2.4.  My problem is that I'm having
timestamps modified unexpectedly on one server, but not
the other.

When a user overwrites fileA with fileB on the 1.9
machine, the timestamp of fileB is preserved.

When a user overwrites fileA with fileB on the 2.2
machine, the timestamp of fileB is changed to the
current date.

Configurations are nearly identical - the config on the
newer machine started as a copy of the config on the
older machine.

Any thoughts?  Oddly enough, it's the behavior of the
older (1.9) instance that we want to preserve.

Thanks.

Bob Bennett
bobbennett at attbi.com