[Samba] Samba / Win2000

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu Jun 20 08:32:02 GMT 2002

> Message: 12
> From: Sylvestre Taburet <staburet at mandrakesoft.com>
> To: Craig <cverburgh at comtekadvanced.com>,
> 	"'samba at lists.samba.org'" <samba at lists.samba.org>
> Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba / Win2000
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:05:22 +0200
>
> Le Jeudi 20 Juin 2002 14:55, Craig a écrit :
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> 	Can anybody point me to a site where there is good up to date
>> documentation on how to use Win2000 authentication for a samba server?

You are not very clear, do you want windows 2000 clients in a
samba-controlled domain, or samba in a windows 2000 domain?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>

> http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba6.html

I think http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba5.html#winbind
might be better for this (if you are wanting to join a samba server to a
windows domain).

There is an updated copy of it at
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/muo/connect/csamba5.html#winbind

Since it is a bit mandrake-specific, you may want a copy of the
system-auth-winbind file mentioned, which you can find in the
packaging/Mandrake directory in any source release of samba after 2.2.3a
I think.

Note that if you want samba to create directories on the fly (using
pam_mkhomedir), you need to enable pam session support:

obey pam restrictions = yes

(something I guess I should add to the doc).

Buchan
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202