[Samba] Weird "add wizard" bug? in 2.2.5 and previous?

Pierre Belanger pbelang1 at oss.cantel.rogers.com
Thu Jun 20 08:21:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I've tested the following with 2.2.5. I am including part
of my smb.conf file below.

When connecting to the a server using the hostname, the
"add wizard" works fine. i.e. when I double-click on the
"Printers" folder, a new window opens and I see the list
of the printers available on the server.

BUT, connecting to the server using the FQDN (hostname.domainname),
when the Printers window opens, I don't see any printers. This
is with the same server, the only difference is either using
the hostname (\\hostname) or (\\hostname.domainname).

Is there a workaround? Is it a bug?

Thank you,
Pierre B.