[Samba] Little list of horrors.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jun 19 16:51:38 GMT 2002

Hi all,

	I was investigating the SMB signing problems between Win2k
clients and Windows XP servers and thought I'd take a look to see
if there were any hotfix patches for Win2k that were post service
pack 2.

I discovered this list.... :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com/support/ServicePacks/Windows/2000/Win2000_Post-SP2_Hotfixes.asp

of *amazing* bugs (many SMB bugs) outstanding since SP2 for W2K.

So if you're having problems on Windows 2000 clients with roving
profiles, sessions being disconnected, files being truncated, corrupted,
change notify not working or other such things you might have assumed
were due to Samba bugs I suggest you take a look here first :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.