[Samba] Samba 3.0 alpha 17 Active Directory question

Lowe, Scott SLOWE at NAAG.ORG
Wed Jun 19 10:42:02 GMT 2002

Hi, all!

I am working on testing Samba 3.0 Alpha 17 in order to integrate it with
Active Directory using Kerberos.  Everything works until I try to access a
Samba share from the Windows 2000 Server.  I have joined the Samba server to
the AD domain using the instructions in the ADS-howto, and it works.

Here is my smb.conf -----

realm = SLOWE.COM

ads server = 10.109.10.133

security = ADS

encrypt passwords = yes

[test]

comment =  "Test share"

path = /home

public = yes

create mode = 775

writeable = yes

volume = "test_share"

end of smb.conf --------

When I try 'net use * \\ldaps\test' on the Windows machine, I get the
following error:

System error 2221 has occurred.

The user name could not be found.

I do not have a smbpasswd file as it should not be required for Kerberos
connections.

Here is my /etc/krb5.conf

[logging]

 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log

 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]

 ticket_lifetime = 24000

 default_realm = SLOWE.COM

 dns_lookup_realm = false

 dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]

 SLOWE.COM = {

  kdc = 10.109.10.133

  default_domain = slowe.com

 }

[domain_realm]

 .slowe.com = SLOWE.COM

 slowe.com = SLOWE.COM

[kdc]

 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]

 pam = {

   debug = false

   ticket_lifetime = 36000

   renew_lifetime = 36000

   forwardable = true

   krb4_convert = false

 }

It's probably something obvious which I why I am having trouble :-)

Thanks for any and all help!

Scott Lowe