[Samba] Samba as a PDC for W2K Network

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed Jun 19 09:07:02 GMT 2002

Try logging on as a different user on the
machine;  if it still reboots, it's probably not
the user's profile (I've had corrupt .dat files
cause bsod's right after login).

Log onto the machine as the machine (local)
administrator.  If it doesn't reboot, see if the
Cdralw2k.sys file is in \winnt\system32\drivers.
If it is, rename it to Cdralw2k.bad;  if the
Service is still listed, you can use srvinstw.exe
from the Win2k Resource Kit to remove it.

Reboot and try to log on as the user having the
reboot after logon problem, to see if it still occurs.
If it does, log on as the administrator again;
delete the problem user's profile.  Log on again
as the problem user, to create a new profile.
See if it reboots after logon.  If not, great!
If it does, we'll need more info to help
troubleshoot it.

Jim