[Samba] Samba doubts

Arnaldo Penachio arnaldo.penachio at t-systems.com.br
Wed Jun 19 06:17:01 GMT 2002

Good morning !
Im working in Brazil at the T-Systems company and I am testing Samba on a AIX workstation being accessed by NT users.
My doubt:
Is it possible to syncronize the passwords, since that the users have the same usernames in both plataforms?
Is it necessary to use the smbpasswd comand to add all of the users ?    In this case how should I proceed when the NT passwords change ?    Re-type the passwords using the smbpassword comand again ?

Thank you for your attention,

Arnaldo Marin Penachio
T-Systems do Brasil LTDA
Support Analyst
Service Line Engineering and Manufacturing
Address: Av. Alfred Jurzykowski, 562 - Vl. Pauliceia
Postal address: 09680-900, Sao Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brasil
Phone:+55 11 4173-9293
Fax:    +55 11 4173-6446
E-mail: arnaldo.penachio at t-systems.com.br
Internet:   http://www.t-systems.com.br