[Samba] Samba as a PDC for W2K Network

Billy O'Connor billy at oconnoronline.net
Tue Jun 18 11:51:07 GMT 2002

	   Hi all.  I hope someone here can help me with a bit of trouble I seem to be
   having with Samba and Windows 2000.  Here's the deal:

	   We are attempting to setup a Red Hat 7.3 machine (SYMPHONY2) running Samba
   2.2.3a to act as a File Server and PDC for a number of Windows 2000
   workstations.  I have followed the instructions from
   http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html but
   unfortunetly, that is not working.  I've attached my smb.conf file at the
   end of this email but I'll go through the rest of the stuff now.  We setup
   our Samba machine temporarily on a seperate network, INAVNET2 and that is
   what we are trying to connect to.

What do your log files on the samba server say?  Try running the smbd
daemon with a -d3 switch and see what the logfiles say.  You can edit
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb to add the -d switch to smbd and nmbd.