[Samba] Compile Samba-2.2.4

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Tue Jun 18 09:24:44 GMT 2002

As the list probably already knows I'm fairly new to Linux / Samba.  Please
bare with me.  =)

I've managed to compile Samba-2.2.4.  The first compile went wrong using the
"configure -with ldap" command (something like that).  Anyway 2 days later
after apt-get' ting any packages with "lib"  and those that sound like they
belong in the build =) I got it to compile correctly....  I didn't want to
apt-get the old version of Samba from the debian packages so I did it this
way.

Finally the QUESTION:  After I get a good grip on Samba I'd like to blow
away the Machine and start the Debian install from scratch.  This time I'd
like to do it write.  Install only those packages needed to install SAMBA -
with LDAP (and of course OPENLDAP).  Where can I find all the NAMES of the
dependencies / packages / compilers I need to have on the machine in order
to get this beast compiled correctly.  I've searched google for "samba
dependencies compile"  and other keywords with no luck.  Can someone point
me to a URL?

Really appreciate any answers the list can provide.

IRV