[Samba] Samba and netbios --- HEEEEELLLP!!!

Dwayne McGarty Dwayne.McGarty at DCExperts.Ca
Tue Jun 18 08:46:02 GMT 2002

Don't know if this will help but:

I have worked in shops before where the network staff will, in order to
cut down on the amount of bandwidth used by chatty protocols, disallow
windows broadcasts and such to propagate through the network.  It was
getting blocked on the switch the clients were connected to.  The even
go so far as to only allow WINS queries back to the particular port
where the officially blessed site WINS server was connected.

Could be something to find out about from your network guys...