[Samba] Method to verify existance of trust account?

Neil Muller neil at neologix.net
Mon Jun 17 17:41:02 GMT 2002

Have you tried creating the trust account manually and have you made sure that
root is a samba user? It seems that the only user who can add machines to a
Samba based domain is root. There are also a couple of settings for smb.conf
that you should check ... just get the combined samba howtos from samba.org for
a complete description of what to do (minus the "root must be a samba user" bit
:-) ). I'm having no problems with using samba as a pdc on either rh7.2 or
rh7.3. I'm using samba 2.2.4-2.

Neil