[Samba] mounting samba server error for WinNT 4.0

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Mon Jun 17 17:34:03 GMT 2002

Urban Widmark wrote:

> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
> > //DOCUSTORE/Inet,        or too many mounted file systems
>
> I think the 2.2.x install you did was either missing some parts
> (smbmount) or didn't create the /sbin/mount.smbfs symlink that mount
> is looking for.

thank you for this hint! It's an very usefull information for
crosscompilers because only copying the binaries is not enough. I was
wondering about the message above on systems with kernel 2.2.19 and
could only use smbount and not mount -t smbfs...
I think, this information is not in the manpages?

der tom
[fli4l-team]
I                                                                  I
I ML-Archiv : http://lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de/pipermail/fli4l I
I FAQ       : http://www.fli4l.de/german/extern/faq/faq.htm        I
I EIS-SAMBA : http://home.arcor.de/tombork/files/eis/eis-list.txt  I