[Samba] Bottleneck problem??

drlski at attbi.com drlski at attbi.com
Mon Jun 17 17:29:02 GMT 2002

I think I'm having a bottleneck problem with my samba.
What happens is that when I'm transferring a large
amount of data it's fine, but if I'm transferring a
large amount of data consistently samba comes up with
touque error and kills my network connection which makes
me restart my computer.  Could this be some kind of
bottle neck issue? Here are my system specs:
  FreeBSD 4.5
  AthlonXP 1600+
  264MB DDR Ram
  1x 9GB Seagate 10k/rpm U2W SCSI drive
  1x 18GB Seagate 10k/rpm U2W SCSI drive
  2x 18GB Seagate 10k/rpm U2W SCSI drive (STRIPED)
  Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI Card
  Compaq Dual Port Server NIC card
  All equipment connected to 100MB Cabeltron Switch

Dave