[Samba] Samba and netbios --- HEEEEELLLP!!!

Dmitry Voronov dvoronov at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 17 16:47:02 GMT 2002

Well, it does matter because that's the only way the other machines know
you're there. They send out a name query for the domain name and if no
one responds, it's not there. Same with the name of the machine. My
problem is actually a little different. After setting up the laptop at
home and bringing it to work, it worked perfectly fine. I just can't get
any other machine on the network to follow suit.

Dmitry