[Samba] profiles

lorac lorac at lorac.dhs.org
Mon Jun 17 13:20:03 GMT 2002

I have the computers joined to the domain (running XP), but if i try to log
into the domain i get a msg about the roaming profile is not available (at
the bottom it says details - access is denied) and then tries to load a
local profile which it can not load either.  I can access both the netlogon
share and the profile share when i log into just the computer itself.  The
netlogon share has the login script and the file config.POL
I have read different howto's and faq's, but can't seem to find the answer.

My conf file is as follows:

  Samba config file created using SWAT
# from pixel (192.168.1.244)
# Date: 2002/06/17 09:03:47

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = CAT
         netbios name = PIXEL
         server string = Samba Server
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
         username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
         unix password sync = Yes
         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
         max log size = 50
IPTOS_THROUGHPUT
         domain admin group = root matthew @adm
         add user script = /usr/local/samba/bin/add_user %u
         delete user script = /usr/local/samba/bin/del_user %u
         logon script = logon.bat
         logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
         logon drive = h:
         logon home = \\homeserver\&u
         domain logons = Yes
         os level = 65
         preferred master = True
         domain master = True
         hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
         short preserve case = No
         share modes = No

[profiles]
         path = /usr/local/samba/export/ntprofile
         read only = No
         create mask = 0600
         directory mask = 0700

[netlogon]
         path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
         write list = root @adm
         locking = No

-
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin

ICQ UIN 2123136 Get ICQ <http://www.icq.com>http://www.icq.com