[Samba] A weird thing happened.

Steve Mertz steve at openspirit.com
Mon Jun 17 12:26:01 GMT 2002

I have a PC on my network that suddenly can't login to
the samba shares.  I can login as that user from a different
computer no problem.  I try to login with her username/password
it comes back "authentication failed".  I try to log in with a different
user name on that computer it comes back with mismatching
credentials.

It was working find on Friday, then this morning it stopped working.
Have tried rebooting, deleting user/readding user to the smbpasswd.

We are using encrypted passwords and the registry key is set
correctly for it.

I'm at a loss as to what to try to look for now since it's just this
one pc that won't let her login.

-- Steve