[Samba] Attempting to implement SamOemChangePassword in Java

Tony Thompson tony.thompson at stone-ware.com
Mon Jun 17 09:45:43 GMT 2002

I am attempting to implement the SamOemChangePassword RAP call in Java (in jCIFS actually) and have been having very little luck.  I found some C code that would indicate that someone has done this in Samba already.

Can anyone on this list (hopefully someone who has already implemented this) give me an idea what I might be doing wrong?  I am attaching two packet traces.  One is from a Win98 machine changing the password on an NT4 domain.  The other is my attempt at doing the same thing with jCIFS.  There are some things that are different and I thought that someone who has done this before might be able to tell what I need to change to make this work.

Also, if anyone could get a packet trace of the Samba code doing the same thing, it might help to have a second working packet trace for me to look at.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Tony