[Samba] Problem with Samba 2.2.4

Stefan Demarmels at Digitag AG s.demarmels at digitag.ch
Mon Jun 17 03:41:02 GMT 2002

My Problem is:
I can't connect with a Win2kmachine to Sambaserver2 witch get the passwords on Sambaserver1. I can create the machine account, but I can't login with a user. Also i have to create a smbpasswd (with the machineaccount only) on Sambaserver2, otherwise the Sambaserver2 isn't able to check the W2kclients machineaccount on sambaserver1 and the message appears "Can't finde the Domain XXX".
If I connect with a WinMe- oder a Win9x-client at the Sambaserver2 I don't have any problem and I don't have to create a smbpasswd or eather use the "encrypted password"-parameter on Sambaserver2. All is working just fine!
When I connect with the same Win2k,9x,Me-client's to the Sambaserver1 -> I don't have any problem.

About my configuration:

Sambaserver1 on Subnet 1 (192.168.1.0/24):
- security = user
- encrypt passwords = yes
- smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
- remote browse sync = 192.168.4.208
- remote announce = 192.168.4.208
- local master = yes
- os level = 65
- domain master = yes
- preferred master = yes
- domain logons = yes
- wins support = yes

Sambaserver2 on Subnet2 (192.168.4.0/24):
- security = server
- password server = Sambaserver1
- remote browse sync = 192.168.1.205
- remote announce = 192.168.1.205
- local master = yes
- os level = 65
- domain master = no
- preferred master = yes
- domain logons = yes
- wins server = 192.168.1.205

This two Subnets are connected via a IPSec-Tunnel and all things else works just fine.
I tried all kiends of variants in about 3 Days and nothing i did whous making this better.

Whe are verry Interested on your answer.

kind regards
Stefan Demarmels