[Samba] setting default printer fails by "old" accounts

Goetz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Sun Jun 16 23:46:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

we noticed a strange problems setting the default printer on some profiles:

we run RedHat 7.2++, SAMBA 2.2.3a-6 RedHat; SAMBA works as a PDC with
roaming profiles. We use Win2K SP2++ Clients.

If we create a new account, this user can change / set his/her default
printer.

Some "older" accounts (I can't say what changed to them...) can't set
there default printer, they dont _have_ a default printer....

So we moved the server profile and the creation of a new profile-folder
on the server is forced, an .... the user is allowed to set the default
printer....

Any idea why this done? (setting defaulkt printer)

Is there a global solution, to allow all useres with that problem, to
set there default printer??

Thanks for hints an tips!

cu...Götz

- Götz Reinicke -------------------- mailto: greinick at filmakademie.de -
   IT Koordinator                                   Tel: 07141/969-420
   IT-OfficeNet Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg    Fax: 07141/969-55420
- Mathildenstr. 20, 71638 Ludwigsburg ----------- www.filmakademie.de -