[Samba] Server failing to appear in Network Places

Mr Morden morden at the-pentagon.com
Sun Jun 16 13:08:13 GMT 2002

I'm sure this question is asked a lot, but I can't seem to find any answer
that fixes the problem.  I've got samba 2.2.2 running on a SuSE 6.1 server,
I can access the drives fine and it all works great, apart from trying to
find the server listed in the network neighbour hood / network places.
It's the same on Windows98/ME/2000, I can ping the server fine, but it
doesn't appear when I use the NET VIEW command and the only way I can map
the network drive is to search for the servers name and list the accessable
drives, and even after that it doesn't appear in the network places area.

So, if someone can help me solve this problem, which I'm sure is
incrediably simple and I'm just overlooking something, I've be very
greatful.

- Nape