[Samba] What FS type for ACL support ?

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 16:34:02 GMT 2002

You have a choice of two, Sabrina:

Either:
EXT2 with the patches from acl.bestbits.ac - requires kernel rebuild and may
not work with RedHat's patched kernel releases.

Or:
XFS from SGI - also requires SGI kernel source.  There is also an adapted
Redhat installer ISO which allows you to specify XFS as the filesystem
during install.

One of the easiest ways to get XFS is to find a copy of Mandrake 8.2 - it
allows XFS as the filesystem of choice during installation.  You then just
need the ACL utils from bestbits and away you go!

Cheers,
Noel