[Samba] Re: DNS Proxy - WINS problem - please help

Charlie Brownell cbrownell at simstar.com
Fri Jun 14 11:32:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

   I've also been having a problem with Samba and VPN, but have been noticing something different about it. It works fine for a similarly configures Solaris 8 box, but will not work on a RedHat 7.2. It looks like it is some kind of networking problem.

   When I connect via VPN with a Win2k dial up box, and try to access the server (after jumping over the port 445 problem), I'll get a string of attempted connections to the server. On the server's netstat I'll see a list of TIME_WAIT's for connections going to port 445. On the Win2k box, the netstat will also show that a series of connections are made, and that each are ESTABLISHED. I've tried this with 2.0.6 and 2.2.4 with the same results. Once again it works on Solaris with 2.0.6. I'm going to try running the connections through xinet, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Charlie