[Samba] groupname gid with blank char in file /etc/fstab

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Jun 14 11:03:04 GMT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, LAUTIER Sabrina wrote:

> This because the groupname gid contains blank char, ' or ".
> It wokfs fine if I replace 'Domain Users' wih 10000 (toto numeric
> gid).
>
> Any idea of how to use username/groupname uid/gid with blank char file
> /etc/fstab ?

The problem lies in mount. You'll probably get better replies from the
mount maintainer or if you report it as a bug to the linux distribution
you use (eg https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi)

That '' would work as an escape is unlikely. You could try \ but I don't
think that will work either.

/Urban