[Samba] Tuning SaMBa in HP/UX 10.20 (200 Users)...

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Fri Jun 14 10:14:02 GMT 2002

Our tests with CIFS/9000 Server on HP-UX 11.x have shown that on 2.2.3a
an smbd is allocated about 1Mb at start-up.  Extensive name mangling can
cause memory usage to increase to 2.5Mb per smbd if the connection is
active for an extended period of time.

Also, with 2.2.3a you should adjust your HP-UX kernel variables NFILES
and NFLOCKS.  Do a search in the archive to see previous messages about
these parms.

Eric Roseme