[Samba] ipchains question

Kaleb Pederson kibab at asc.ewu.edu
Fri Jun 14 08:44:03 GMT 2002

Hmm... That's interesting.  I started out with the firewall blocking
everything and then slowly allowed in ports based on what was being
logged.  I did check the rest of my policy to make sure that it wasn't
listed in a different place and it's not.

What I have is completely functional as far as samba is concerned,
although I should have moved port 443 to a different section in my
policy.  This server has been up and running for quite a while using the
above iptables policy.  I bet if you try it, even with logging
everything that gets dropped/rejected you will find that it isn't using
the other ports you mentioned.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

--Kaleb