[Samba] documentation updates

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 14 08:17:01 GMT 2002

Bryan Henderson wrote:

> I recently installed Samba for the first time, being pretty much
> ignorant of Samba, SMB, CIFS, and Windows.  I installed on Linux,
> which I know a lot about.
>
> It took a great deal of debugging and help from experts to get some
> simple file sharing going because of some gaps in the documentation:

> I'd be happy to rewrite this stuff, but as a Samba neophyte, I probably
> wouldn't do the best job.  I'd do a lot better than leaving it as it is,
> though.

Go to http://pserver.samba.org and download current SAMBA_2_2 CVS.  If
you generate patches against that then you have a good chance of getting
them applied.

Don't worry too much about being a 'newbie', as while it's easy to check
a patch, a vauge 'this is wrong, that needs work' takes time and effort
:-)

(Then again, sombody like Jerry might pick that stuff up anyway).

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org