[Samba] error: "printing subsystem unavailable" when trying t o print test page to samba server

SANTOS Alexandre Moutinho alexandre.santos at contacto.sonae.pt
Fri Jun 14 07:10:04 GMT 2002

I had that problem too. What happened was that I have several HP Laserjet
Printers that use PCL 6 and uploaded the drivers for all of them.
What I discovered is that the files are all saved in ...\W32X86\3 - if I
first upload the W2K default driver for HP Laserjet 6P and then the HP
driver for HP8000 and try to see the properties of the first.... error and
then "printing subsystem unavailable" and a reboot.