[Samba] Anyone using antivirus software?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jun 13 13:06:27 GMT 2002

RAVantivirus works well, I have been evaluating it on one of my home
networks (60-day free trial).  But they want $300US for the mail server
version, which is a bit much for a home networker; they have offered me
a 20% discount, but will check some of the other choices first; still a
bit expensive.  If they'd bring the price down I'd buy it right now.

-- Bob --

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen wrote:

> Ravantivirus should be abel to do it, you can get it from
> http://www.raeinternet.com/rav/index.html
>

> Rasmus
>

> 23 13-06-2002 -0400, Brian McGraw wrote:
> >Hello list,
> >            I was just wondering if anyone is using anti-virus software on
> > their Samba server. I have protection on my clients, but I want to run
> > software on the server too. I've looked at McAfee's Virus Scan, but as
> > far as I can tell, it only uses "on-demand" scanning, meaning I have to
> > trigger it from the command line, or run a cron job. I would like to have
> > something that is real-time, and detects an infected immediately, without
> > my interaction. This is how the McAfee AV software works on the client
> > PC's running Windows. Anyone know of a similar product?

http://www.malibyte.net

"The weather is here - wish you were beautiful." - J. Buffett