[Samba] Anyone using antivirus software?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu Jun 13 13:04:01 GMT 2002

Take a look at the samba-vscan project, which you can have do on-access
scanning for you via samba (VFS modules).

(you should eb able to find it quite easily searching on freshmeat.net)

I have tested it with sophos (see
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2/samba-2.2.4-vscan/  for
RPMs for Mandrake 8.2).

There are a number of supported scanners, including kaspersky, trend,
etc, but IIRC, McAfee it not supported.

Buchan