[Samba] "wbinfo -a" problem, plaintext password is not allowed

Christian christian at dinator.com
Thu Jun 13 11:34:28 GMT 2002

I'm still having problems with winbind:
wbinfo -u --> Error looking up domain users

So I read a post about wbinfo -a, I tried it but I still can't get the domain's user list because the pdc doesn't allow plaintext passwords:

wbinfo -a user%passwd

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER (0xc000000d)
Could not authenticate user user%password with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
error code was NT_STATUS_OK (0x0)

Btw, I joined the domain succesfully:
wbinfo -t --> Secret is good

Any idea?