[Samba] wbinfo -g yields "Error looking up domain groups"
pedaa at rockefeller.edu
Thu Jun 13 09:31:31 GMT 2002
I just joined the list, but I have already searched through the archives
and I see no answer to my problem. I am trying to set up winbinnd on a
RedHat 7.2 machine to connect to a Win2k PDC.
[root at array22 samba]# wbinfo -t
Secret is good
[root at array22 samba]# wbinfo -g
Error looking up domain groups
[root at array22 samba]# wbinfo -m
[root at array22 samba]#
.. yes, it shows nothing.
The libraries are installed, since:
> sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v | grep winb
libnss_winbind.so -> libnss_winbind.so
I ran winbindd as follows to yield debugging info:
sudo /opt/sbin/winbindd -s /etc/samba/smb.conf -i -d 10
A tail of the resulting log when I ran wbinfo -g shows:
002c status: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
client_write: wrote 1300 bytes.
read failed on sock 12, pid 13853: EOF
PS: Here is more info:
Full logs for wbinfo -[gmt] are at:
I followed the instructions at
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba5.html mainly because
they describe testing winbindd alone, without running [sn]mbd. I figure
this keeps things simple.
Compile command was:
./configure --prefix=/opt/stow/samba-2.2.4 --with-pam \
--with-winbind --sysconfdir=/etc/samba \
More information about the samba