[Samba] passwd chat timeout?

Laurent BLIN laurent.blin at iemm.univ-montp2.fr
Thu Jun 13 02:30:08 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm using a script in order to change passwords in a LDAP server for
both Samba and Unix passwd, using passwd program and passwd chat.
It woks, but Windows says me that there was an error. Looking into logs
file, it appears that Samba is looking for the "successfully" chain just
after having entered confirmation of the passwd, but it takes about 2
seconds in order to have it.
Has Samba doesn't detect immediatly the chain "successfully", it tries
agin to send the passwd, and then failes..

Is there a way to force samba to WAIT for the chain "successfully"?

  Thanks
  Laurent BLIN