[Samba] pam_mount and winbind

LAUTIER Sabrina slautier at lavache.com
Thu Jun 13 02:28:10 GMT 2002

Hi !

Has anybody already managed to make pam_mount and winbind working
together ?

I'm running a linux 7.2 box with samba 2.2.4.
I use winbind for user authentication from a win2k server (DEDALE in
domain VALBONE).

The following command works fine:
$ smbmount //DEDALE/SHAREDIR \
/mnt/smb/dedale/sharedir/ -o \
credentials=/home/win2k/VALBONE/slautier/.smbpw,uid='VALBONE+slautier',gid='VALB
ONE+Domain users',fmask=664,dmask=775

I've installed pam_mount (http://pam-mount.conectevil.com/) as I would
like domain users to automatically mount their home dir (or anyone
else) when they log into the linux box.

I've updated the /etc/pam.d/login file:
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so use_first_pass
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
>> auth       required     /lib/security/pam_mount.so use_firstpass
#right location ?
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so
>> session    optional     /lib/security/pam_mount.so  #right location
?

And created the followind /etc/pam_mount.conf file:
debug 1
... # Nothing changed
# Volume
volume VALBONE+slautier smb dedale sharedir /mnt/smb/dedale/sharedir -
But when I log into the machine as VALBONE+slautier, the
expected \\DEDALE\SHAREDIR volume is not mounted.
I didn't find any error in the log files.

Is there sthg wrong in my pam.d/login file ? Should pam_mount  module
line be located somewhere else ?
I'm not a PAM expert but I've got the feeling that the pam_mount
module is not in the right place.

Elvis Pfützenreuter, the author of pam_mount, told me that he hasn't
tested it yet as he's too busy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabrina