[Samba] How to automatically mount shares.

LAUTIER Sabrina slautier at lavache.com
Thu Jun 13 02:07:02 GMT 2002

> Now I'm able to mount the NT share with the command:
> mount -t smbfs -o username=morgan,password=morgan //SERVERNT/DISC
/mnt
> and it works only if I am root.
> Is there any possibility of mounting it automatically on boot?
> I've tough about /etc/fstab but I don't if there is a correct syntax
to include
> username and password.
> Any ideas?
You can use the credentials option:
//SERVER/DISC  /mnt smbfs
credentials=/home/morgan/.smbpw,uid=morgan,gid=morgan,fmask=600,dmask=700

Where .smbpw file contains the following lines:*
username=morgan
password=morgan

pam_mount (http://pam-mount.conectevil.com/) might be the best
solution. I've installed the package yesterday but haven't managed to
make it work with winbind yet.

Regards.
Sabrina