[Samba] WIndows 98 asking for a password

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed Jun 12 15:04:02 GMT 2002

Shorten the share name to less than 12 char's

Win9x can't handle them 12 char's or >

see:  Share Names Greater Than 12 Characters Cause Errors on Clients
[Q145949]
on the Ms site.

Jim

ints to 192.168.1.1 and rebooted the machine.

> I then went to a DOS prompt and typed:
> ping linuxServer
> and it resolved and pinged the linux server OK.
>
> I then added the network printer via \\linuxServer\brotherLaser
> to no avail.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Neil.
>
> --
> Neil Aggarwal
> JAMM Consulting, Inc.    (972) 612-6056, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
> Custom Internet Development    Websites, Ecommerce, Java, databases

Laser
> > > for printer (Brother HL-1440 Series):
> > > The network name cannot be found.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > 	Neil.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Neil Aggarwal
> > > JAMM Consulting, Inc.    (972) 612-6056,
> http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
> > > Custom Internet Development    Websites, Ecommerce, Java,
> databases

ba Island]
> > er at gatinho [Pompei - IT]
> WebFrontend
ws and exploit`em
> > irc.gatinho.com on #sadikuzzi / #linux / #FLEXYnet
> > >
> > 8¾
Ëâ>